Saturday, November 14, 2015

Last Day of Clinics: Super Busy!

Thursday, November 12, 2015
Wow, word finally got out on our clinic!  We were very busy all day: 68 surgeries!!!

One of the many local eateries that we pass walking to our clinic site.

Dr Joe checking out the ubiquitous motorbike!

Dr Mark taking Dr Trish on an errand.  Mark rented a motor bike for the week.

Mr Thoeun and Stacy visiting while waiting for patients.

Josette arrived with kitties in tow!

We were busy all day with people and pets arriving constantly.  Shelley had to finally cut it off.  It was going to get too dark to work.  

Our total numbers were about 135 surgeries and over 100 consults!  This was an amazingly successful campaign for a totally new area for World Vets.  I imagine WV will return in the future!

Brett and Martin were instrumental in catching and transporting many animals.  They run a rescue and boarding facility in Siem Reap.  They were incredible!

What an amazing team we had.  Our WV team was small, only eight volunteers.  But all were strong, experienced and hard workers.  The local volunteers were amazing and contributed to the great success of the event.

Owners were a great help in recovery, sitting with their pets.

Dr Stacy visiting with Martin and Brett.

Going home: three people and two doggies: the one being held in the back just had surgery.

We were all extremely hot, tired and sweaty by the end of the day.  We were finishing up in the dark.  Lights were set up to help illuminate the last of the surgeries, which, unfortunately also attracted lots of flying bugs.  Ugh.  But we made it through and got everything packed up and cleaned up!


Time for a team celebration!  After a swim and a drink and a shower, the group headed off to Charlie’s.  Joe had done a medical consult for the owners of Charlie’s so they invited us over for a celebration.  The drinks and food and wait staff were wonderful!  We all had a great time!

Most of us split us as the evening wore on.  A small group continued bar hopping, some returned to the hotel and I went for a one hour foot massage!  Aaaahhhhh!  Wonderful!
Off to see the elephant sanctuary tomorrow!
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment